Who can apply?
The scheme is open to all ECB affiliated cricket clubs in England and Wales. However, some projects are restricted to clubs that actively engage in ECB National Programmes.
How much can be applied for?
Clubs can apply for between £1000 – £10,000
What can the County Grant Fund be used for?
The County Grant Fund aims to support eligible clubs to deliver projects in the following three areas:
Creating Welcoming Environments
- Social Space – furniture / decoration / flooring / patio / decking / heating / glazing
- Toilet Facilities – sanitaryware / tiling / flooring / baby-changing facilities
- Catering – kitchen units / appliances / professional catering equipment / barbecue
- Arrival and Access – lighting / signage / car park / disabled access
- Digitising – Wi-Fi / Broadband hardware (excludes subscription fees) / TVs / PA or Music systems / Electronic Point of Sale equipment
Providing Enhanced Facilities and Playing Opportunities – supporting Women’s and Girls’ Cricket and / or Disability Cricket
- Non-Turf Match Pitch (must be an ECB Approved System)
- Non-Turf Practice Facility (must be an ECB Approved System)
Enhanced Changing Facilities:
– Create individual shower spaces with drying areas
– Improved toilet provision – sanitaryware / tiling / flooring
– Decoration / mirrors / hand dryers / grooming points
– Personal possession lockers
Tackling Climate Change – supporting ECB affiliated Cricket Clubs
- Flood Resilience* – building protection / targeted drainage** / ditch or culvert clearance
- Drought Resilience* – rainwater harvesting / irrigation*** / bore holes
- Energy Saving – Insulation / LED lighting / Solar PV / Solar Thermal / energy-efficient heating systems
- Water Management – Water-saving sanitaryware / greywater recycling / efficient appliances
How will the project be managed by Berkshire?
There are a few key points we would like to make to clubs at this stage:
- Eligibility and Prioritisation – Priority will be given to clubs that actively engage in ECB programmes including All Stars Cricket, Dynamos, Women’s & Girls’ Cricket and / or Disability Cricket. The ‘Tackling Climate Change’ theme is open to all affiliated clubs. Clubs that are in areas at risk of flooding will be prioritised for this theme. ‘Providing Enhanced Facilities and Playing Opportunities’ theme is restricted to clubs that offered Women & Girls Cricket and/or Disability Cricket in 2021. ‘Creating Welcoming Environments’ theme is open to clubs that offered All Stars, Dynamos, Women & Girls or Disability Cricket in 2021. Projects that create more opportunities for participation in cricket will receive a higher weighting in the panel’s selection process. Projects that are aligned with the county strategy and ECB strategies will be looked on more favourably.
- Process – Clubs interest in applying should reach out to Tom Jackson – Club Support Manager who will be able to advise on next steps. The club will be required to apply through the Investment Management System (IMS) which will be reviewed before being either passed to the panel or referred to the club for amendments. Finally, the application will be reviewed by a panel appointed by BCF.
- Scale of Support – Within Berkshire’s annual budget it may not be possible to support every application, with some projects deferred to the next funding window or signposted to other sources of funding as appropriate.
Application Process & Deadlines:
The application process has now closed and will re-open in February 2024.
If you have any inquiries please get in contact with out Club Support Manager, Tom Jackson.